Guidelines for Charitable Giving
At Rancho San Miguel we pride ourselves on giving back to the local communities we serve. From food banks, to fundraisers and more, we are committed to helping make a difference.
Please be sure to review the information available on this page before making a request.
Due to the volume of requests that we receive, Rancho San Miguel does not respond to inquiries or accept phone calls regarding eligibility or funding decisions. All decisions are final.
Your organization must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service and have a tax-exempt status of 501(c)(3). Law enforcement agencies and fire departments are exempt from this requirement.
Any organization applying for a donation or sponsorship must be located in and serve the local communities where we operate. See store location list available on our website.
We do not make donations towards the following:
- For-Profit Organizations
- Travel expenses
- Capital or Building campaigns
- Political campaigns
- Advocacy Programs
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or nationality
Requests must be submitted 6 weeks, prior to event date, in order to be considered. Requests submitted outside of the 6-week window will not be considered.
Areas of Priority
- Hunger and Food Insecurity
- Food Banks
- Food Pantries
- Soup Kitchens
- School-Aged Children and Adolescents Ages 5 to 17
- Organizations serving children and adolescents between the ages of 5 to 17 years. Examples include:
- Sports and Recreation
- Afterschool Programs
- K-12 Public, Nonprofit Private or Charter Schools
- For School fundraisers
- For Schools located within the communities where our retail stores are located
- Law Enforcement Agencies and Fire Departments
Process for Submitting a Request
If you are requesting a food donation or gift card:
- Complete the donation request form available here, print and submit to the location nearest you.
- Or stop by the store location nearest you and request a donation request form. Complete and submit the form to the Store Director.
If you are requesting a sponsorship:
- Submit a formal request letter to the Food 4 Less Retail Support Center. Request must include the below details and must be on your organization’s letterhead with your valid nonprofit taxpayer ID.
- Today’s Date
- Nonprofit Taxpayer ID
- Name of Organization
- Mailing Address
- Street Address
- City, State Zip Code
- Organizations Phone Number
- Contact Name
- Contact Title with Organization
- Contact Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
- Program Details
- Description of event, activity or service being provided to community
- Name of event or activity
- Location of event or activity
- Date of event or activity
- Objective of event or activity
- Expected number of attendees or participants
- Sign your request certifying that you are an authorized agent or representative of the organization making the request.
- Mail request and any accompanying documents to:
Rancho San Miguel Markets-PAQ, INC.
Charitable Giving Committee
8014 Lower Sacramento Road, Suite I
Stockton, CA 95210